Thank you for your interest in our Middle School Pod-Learning.
We know this is a stressful time to be a parent. We want to help you as you look at this upcoming school year. We are offering a pod-learning module for middle school students.
- Small Class Size - We are limiting this pod to twenty-five students. They will meet in our children’s worship area. This will be their designated area and it is away from students outside the pod-learning.
- Dedicated Teacher - The Pod-Learning program will include a dedicated teacher to help your student stay on task and answer questions he/she might have.
- Desk Space - Each student will share a table with one other student. Plexiglass dividers will be placed between the students.
- Technology - For students utilizing the virtual option (Edmentum), we are requiring a technology fee of $1000. This fee purchases a MacBook Air with three years of AppleCare. The student will own the MacBook. We will provide a locking cabinet so the students can leave this laptop when they go home. If there is a statewide shut down of schools, the student will take the laptop home to continue their learning. For students are utilizing the remote option, we are encouraging to you use the MacBook Air option, however, we understand that the county is providing ChromeBooks.
- Tuition - $85 a week for students who are using Edmentum, $100 a week for students who are remote with their county school
We love our students and their families. Our core values are:
- Partnership - We view education as a partnership between parents and the Academy.
- Truth - We acknowledge the absolute truth, as revealed in God's Word, and its relevance to our lives.
- Glorify God - We seek to glorify God in all activities and relationships and in the use of the resources God has given us.
- Respect - Each person is created in God's image and therefore will be treated with respect.
- Excellence - Continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence will underlie all that we do.
- Honesty - Our relationships and academic performance will be based on honesty and fairness.
Gardendale Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of this education policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Gardendale Christian Academy is a ministry of Gardendale Church of the Nazarene. For more information on Gardendale Nazarene, visit our website at www.gdalenaz.org.